Friday, September 6, 2013

2-COOL

I have been teaching ICT in Education this week, having been in a permanent state of professional development for the past several months in an effort to ensure I would be up to the task.  I now find that expressions like 'emerging technologies', 'cloud technologies' and my new favourite 'BYOD' [bring your own device - not 'drink' as was suggested today in a quick quiz!] just roll of my tongue, along with the tried and true 'wiki', 'blog' and ever-present 'ePortfolio', which seems to be standard vocabulary in every unit we teach.  I'm happy to say that Google Sites is meeting our needs in the ePortfolio department, and with each workshop we all become more proficient at uploading files and adding pages. As there can be anything from three weeks to a couple of months between workshops, the biggest problem is remembering one's password!

My professional reading has insisted time and again that, if you are going to write a blog, then consistency is the key, so with that in mind I am happily revisiting the past year in Alice through my collection of photographic memories.  Today's shots show the quirky relationship between a number plate and my windscreen one frosty July morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment